Article 1 (Purpose)
These terms and conditions prescribe the conditions and procedures for use of services offered by <COMEUP> organized by Korea Startup Forum (KSF) and operated by the Ministry of SMEs and Startups; matters related to the rights and duties of <COMEUP> and users; and other required matters.
Article 2 (Effects and Changes of the Terms and Conditions of Use)
1. These terms and conditions of use shall take effect upon posting on <COMEUP>.
2. If the terms and conditions of use are modified, the effective date and reasons for modification shall be indicated and posted on the website from seven (7) days prior to the scheduled amendment to one (1) day prior to the effective date along with the present terms and conditions of use. If the terms and conditions of use modified are unfavorable to the users, a grace period of at least thirty (30) days shall be granted before notification.
3. If users do not agree to the terms and conditions of use modified, they shall be allowed to withdraw from membership of <COMEUP>. If users continue to use the terms and conditions of use, they shall be considered to have agreed to the terms and conditions of use.
Article 3 (Working Rules in Addition to the Terms and Conditions of Use)
Matters not specified in the terms and conditions of use shall comply with the Framework Act on Telecommunications, the Telecommunications Business Act, the Deliberation Regulations of Information Communication Ethics Committee, the Information Communication Ethics Code, the Computer Program Protection Act and other related laws and regulations.
Article 4 (Definitions)
The terms used here shall be defined as follows:
1. “Service” : means information offered by <COMEUP> including introduction of programs and events, information on amenities, newsletters, etc.
2. “Members” : means those who are allowed to use services offered by <COMEUP>, such as corporate members having registered their corporate information with <COMEUP>, individual members who have provided their personal information, and investors who have registered for membership.
3. “Users” : means those who receive services from <COMEUP>.
Article 5 (Establishment of Service Use Agreement)
1. This Service Use Agreement shall be established by users filling out the membership information according to the form specified by <COMEUP> and expressing their intention to comply with the terms and conditions of use.
2. <COMEUP> shall cancel a membership if the following applies among the users who applied for membership as specified in paragraph 1.
- Having presented falsified or redundant applications for membership
- Having applied for membership for the purpose of undermining public order or established social morals and good manners
- Having violated the terms and conditions of use or dramatically disturbed the operation of <COMEUP>
- If an administrator with <COMEUP> deems it necessary
Article 6 (Consent to Use of Membership Information)
2. Collected membership information shall be used only for the purpose of operating or enhancing <COMEUP> services.
3. Membership information collected by <COMEUP> shall not be disclosed to a third party without obtaining consent from the user.
4. <COMEUP> shall be allowed to offer personal information, such as user name and email address to a third party to the extent permitted by law if:
- If an investigative agency or other government agency makes a request for the information of the user in violation of applicable law in using the service
- If it is deemed necessary to protect information due to legal violation or illegitimate activities with regard to the terms and conditions of laws
- If it is requested in accordance with other laws and regulations
Article 7 (Changes in Membership Information)
If personal information offered at the time of application for membership is changed, users may correct it online in person or request an administrator to modify it. Users shall be responsible for problems caused by unchanged information.
Article 8 (Withdrawal from and Cancellation of Membership)
1. If users intend to withdraw their membership, they shall follow the stipulated procedures for withdrawal of membership from <COMEUP> or make a request via phone or email.
2. If any of the following reasons arise, <K-Startup Week COMEUP> may cancel membership without prior notice.
- Theft of member ID and password from another member
- The conduct of activities that might or could cause harm others
- If users make or execute a plan that might undermine public order or established social morals and good manners by instigating speculative behavior or posting vulgar and pornographic content
- In the case of improperly damaging other people’s information or collecting, storing, infringing, stealing or leaking other’s personal information
- In the case of sending unwanted or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, or junk or spam mail
- If users send advertising emails despite the explicit rejection of recipients
- If users conduct activities that are prohibited in accordance with related laws or that violate the terms and conditions of use
- If an administrator with <COMEUP> finds it necessary
Article 9 (Service Hours)
1. Service hours that are not directly assisted by an administrator shall be 24 hours a day throughout the year unless otherwise indicated. However, the service might be suspended due to natural disasters or systems checks.
2. Service provided directly by an administrator shall in principle be confined to working hours of <COMEUP>.
Article 10 (Limitation and Suspension of Provision of Services)
1. <COMEUP> shall be allowed to limit or suspend provision of the entire service or part thereof for the following reasons.
- If a natural disaster, national emergency, changes in governmental budget or other force majeure events occur or might occur
- If maintenance, construction or disruption of service facilities is necessitated
- Due to disruption caused by service flooding
- If a common carrier suspends telecommunications services
- If it is deemed necessary by an administrator of <COMEUP>
2. <COMEUP> shall not be held responsible for any problems caused by service outrages.
Article 11 (Changes in Services and Membership Services)
1. The content of services offered to users shall be determined by policy made by <COMEUP> and may be changed or suspended.
2. <COMEUP> shall neither take responsibility for losses or profits that users expect to sustain or gain from using services, or for damages caused by data acquired from services; nor shall it be held accountable for information, data, reliability and accuracy of services posted by members.
Article 12 (Provision of Information and Posting of Promotional Materials)
1. <COMEUP> shall provide its members with service operation and information via the service screen, homepage, and email.
2. Promotional materials that are deemed appropriate to services or that can be widely used shall be posted.
Article 13 (Contents)
1. Users shall have rights to and take responsibility for the contents they post.
2. <COMEUP> shall have the right to edit or move the contents posted by users within <COMEUP> without prior notice, and shall be allowed to make use of the contents for non-commercial purposes.
3. Content shall be deleted without prior notice for the following reasons.
- If it might or could cause harm to others
- If it is deemed to be illegal, obscene or vulgar
- If it undermines public order or established social morals and good manners
- If it is recognized to be involved in illegal activities
- If it infringes on other rights including copyright of a third party
- If it pertains to activities prohibited in accordance with related laws or if it violates the terms and conditions of this service
- If it is deemed to be necessary by an administrator due to its inappropriate contents
4. Unless there are reasons to believe that <COMEUP> undertook grave mistakes or gross negligence, <COMEUP> shall not take responsibility for a third party’s linked website, data contents, advertisements, and products.
Article 14 (Obligations of COMEUP)
1. <COMEUP> shall make efforts to enable users to benefit from seamless services at all times.
2. <COMEUP> shall comply with laws and regulations regarding the operation and maintenance of services stipulated in the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization, the Framework Act on Telecommunications, etc.
Article 15 (Users’ Obligations)
1. Users shall comply with the provisions of the terms and conditions of use, related laws and regulations, guidelines for use, notices on the service, and other notifications from <COMEUP>, and shall be prohibited from conducting activities that might interfere with its business.
2. Users shall not be allowed to copy, duplicate, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, or otherwise use the information obtained through the service from or offer it to others without the prior consent of <COMEUP>.
3. Users shall be accountable for keeping their ID and password secure and take full responsibility for the consequences caused by use of their ID and password. If such problems as the use of ID or password without permission occur, they shall be immediately reported to <COMEUP>. In addition, any granted ID or password shall not be resold or transferred to others.
4. If users join the membership to use services, they shall provide complete information consistent with the current facts, update immediately if any information changes.
5. Users shall not conduct business activities using the information and services provided by <COMEUP>.
Article 16 (Immunity)
1. <COMEUP> shall not take responsibility for profits or losses arising from the user’s failure to obtain the expected benefits from the provision of the <COMEUP> service or the selection or use of service materials.
2. <COMEUP> shall not take responsibility for any disrupted use of services offered by <COMEUP> due to the fault of the user.
3. <COMEUP> shall not take responsibility for the contents posted on <COMEUP> or transmitted by users.
4. <COMEUP> shall not take any responsibility for any problems arising from commodity transactions, or money transactions among users or between a user and a third party based on services offered by <COMEUP>.
Article 17 (Jurisdictions)
If a lawsuit is filed due to disputes arising from the use of this service, a court of law exercising jurisdiction over the location of Korea Startup Forum shall be the competent court .
The terms and conditions of use shall take effect on July 1, 2022.
Article 1 (Purpose of managing personal information)
(1) KSF shall manage personal information to fulfill the following purposes. Personal information managed by the company shall not be used for purposes other than the following, which, if subject to change, obtaining separate consent in accordance with Article 18 of the Personal Information Protection Act shall be taken as required.
1. Signing up for membership and its management
Personal information shall be managed to fulfill the following purposes: confirming user intent to sign up , self-identification and authentication during the provision of services, maintenance and management of membership, identity verification as per implementation of the limited identification system, prevention of illegal use of services, various notices and notifications and resolution of complaints.
2. Handling civil complaints
The company shall manage personal information to confirm identification of a complainant and verify complaints, as contact for fact-finding inquiries, to send notices, and to make notifications of results.
(2) KSF shall manage personal information files registered and disclosed in accordance with Article 32 of the Personal Information Protection Act for the following purposes
Oder : 1
Name of personal information file : COMEUP Homepage
Ground for operation / Purpose of handling :
Article 39 of Support for Small and Medium Enterprise Establishment Act
1. Operation and management of homepage
2. Event registration and application
Personal information items registered in a personal information file
- Name (Korean or English)
- Affiliation (Company name)
- Email address (Membership approved upon authentication)
- Contact information
Retention period : 5 year
Article 2 (Period of Managing and Retaining Personal Information)
(1) COMEUP Homepage shall manage and retain personal information during the period for managing and retaining the personal information as specified by laws and regulations or as agreed upon during collection from an owner of information.
(2)The period of managing and retaining respective personal information shall be as follows.
1. Signing for membership and its management : Within 1 year or until withdrawal from membership Until pertinent reasons cease to exist if pertaining to the following reasons
a) Until pertinent investigations and inquiries are concluded if ongoing due to violation of related laws and regulations
2. Handling civil petitions : 3 years following conclusion of managing civil complaints
Article 3 (Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party)
(1) COMEUP Homepage shall manage the personal information of an owner of information within a scope as specified in Article 1 (Purpose of Managing Personal Information) and provide personal information to a third party only if it pertains to Article 17 of the Personal Information Protection Act stipulating the consent by an owner of information and special legal provisions.
(2)COMEUP Homepage shall provide the following personal information to a third party.
- A recipient of personal information : COMEUP Advisory Committee and Operation Secretariat, Ministry of SMEs and Startups, Korea Institute of Startup & Entrepreneurship Development (KISED)
- Purposes for which a recipient of personal information uses such information: Notification on event schedule, provision of information on amenities etc.
- Items of personal information to provide : Name, affiliation, email, contact information and etc.
- Period for which a recipient of personal information holds and uses such information: 1 year
Article 4 (Entrustment of Managing Personal Information)
(1) COMEUP Homepage shall entrust management of the personal information as follows in order to efficiently deal with personal information.
Trusting company : ONOFFMIX
Representative : YANG JOONCHEOL
general manager : LEE SEUNGHEE
Contact : 02-6080-5579
Contents of consignment : COMEUP Home page maintenancee
Management status inspection results : Good
Article 5 (Rights and Duties of An Owner of Information and Legal Representatives and Exercising Methods)
(1) An owner of information shall be allowed to make a request for access to his/her own personal information, correction, or deletion, and the suspension of management from the COMEUP Homepage at any time.
(2) The rights specified in paragraph (1) may be exercised via letters, email or fax in accordance with Article 41(1) of the Enforcement Ordinance of Personal Information Protection Act regarding the COMEUP Homepage, and shall be implemented without any delay.
(3) As for the rights specified in paragraph (1), they may be exercised through the legal representative for the owner of information or a proxy. In that case, a power of attorney shall be submitted in a form specified in Appendix Form No. 11 in accordance with the Enforcement Regulation of Personal Information Protection Act.
(4) As for a request to access to his/her own personal information and suspend management of personal information, the rights of an owner of information may be restricted in accordance with Article 35 (5) and Article 37(2) of the Personal Information Protection Act.
(5) If other laws and regulations specify the personal information for collection, it shall not be requested to be deleted.
(6) COMEUP Homepage shall verify that any person who has made a request for access to his/her personal information, to correct, or delete or suspend its handling according to the right of an owner of information is the person in question or his or her legitimate representative.
Article 6 (Personal Information Items to Be Managed)
COMEUP Homepage shall deal with the following personal information items.
1. Sign up for membership and its management and registration and application for participation in events
․ Name (Korean or English), nationality, affiliation (company name), position, email address (Membership approved upon authentication), contact information, and etc.
2. The following personal information items may be collected automatically in the course of using the Internet service.
․ The IP address, cookies, MAC address, service usage records, visit history, faulty use records etc.
Article 7 (Destruction of Personal Information)
(1) COMEUP Homepage shall destroy pertinent personal information without delay if it becomes unnecessary as its retention period expires or its management purpose is achieved.
(2) If it is necessary to retain personal information in accordance with laws and regulations after its retention period expires as consented by an owner of information or purpose of management is achieved, the pertinent personal information (or personal information files) shall be transferred to a separate database or another storage place.
(3) Procedures for and methods of destroying personal information shall be as follows.
1. Procedures for destruction
COMEUP Homepage shall formulate and implement a plan to destroy personal information (or personal information files). It shall select personal information (or personal information files) with reasons for destruction and destroy upon approval from Personal Information Protection Managers.
2. Methods of destruction
Personal information recorded and stored in electronic files shall be destroyed through the use of Low Level Format to keep records from being retrieved while written information is shredded or incinerated.
Article 8 (Measures to Keep Personal Information Secure)
(1) COMEUP Homepage shall take the following measures in order to keep personal information secure.
1. Administrative measures : Formulation and implementation of an internal management plan, regular trainings of employees, etc.
2. Technical measures : Management of authority to access the personal information managing system, installation of an access control system, encryption of unique identification information, and installation of security programs
3. Physical measures : Control of access to the computer room and data storage facility
Article 9 (Matters Related to the Installation and Operation of an Automatic Collector of Personal Information and Rejection)
(1) COMEUP Homepage shall use ‘cookies’ to retain and retrieve information in order to provide customized services to users.
(2) ‘Cookie’ refers to a small amount of information sent to your computer browser by a server (http) used to operate a website, and may also be stored on your computer’s hard disk.
A. Purpose of using cookies: It is used to provide optimized information to users by analyzing the patterns of visit history and usage records, popular search words and secure access status, for each service and websites visited by users.
B. Installation, operation and rejection of cookies: Users can reject to store cookies through the option setting in the Tools > Internet Options > Privacy menu at the top of the web browser.
C. User may have difficulty using customized services if they refuse to store cookies.
Article 10 (Personal Information Protection Managers)
① COMEUP Homepage is responsible for handling personal information and designated as a person in charge of personal information protection as follows for handling personal information complaints and damage relief.
② The information subject can contact the person in charge and the department in charge of personal information protection related to all personal information protection related inquiries, complaints, and damage relief caused by using the service on the COMEUP website, and we will respond and handle the information subject's inquiries without delay.
- Personal Information Protection Officer : Corporate Strategy Department Josh Choi
- The person in Charge of Personal Information Protection : Strategy Development Division of COMEUP HQ Derrick Kang (02-521-2022)
Article 11 (Access of Personal Information)
① The information subject may request the following departments to read personal information under Article 35 of the Personal Information Protection Act, and we will make efforts to expedite the request for personal information access by the information subject.
② In addition to the receiving and processing department of the request for perusal under paragraph (1), the information subject can also request perusal of personal information through the website of the Ministry of Public Administration and Security's 'Comprehensive Support Portal for Personal Information Protection' (www.privacy.go.kr).
▶ The Ministry of Public Administration and Security's comprehensive support portal for personal information protection → civil petitions for personal information → requests for personal information reading, etc. (requires real name verification through public i-pins)
A company in charge of receiving and processing personal information requests company : Corporate Strategy Department
The person in charge : Josh Choi
Contact : 02-521-2022
Article 12 (Remedies Against Infringement of Rights)
An owner of information may inquire about remedies against infringement of rights and counselling with the following institutions
▶ Personal Information Compliance Call Center (Operated by KISA)
- Duties : Report on infringement of personal information and request for counselling
- Homepage : privacy.kisa.or.kr
- Phone : 118
- Address : Personal Information Compliance Call Center
3rd Fl., 9 Jinheung-gil, Naju-si, Jeollanam-do (301-2, Bitgaram-dong)
(zip code: 58324)
▶ Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee
- Duties : Request for dispute mediation for personal information and settlement for collective disputes
- Homepage : www.kopico.go.kr
- Phone : 1833-6972
- Address : 4th fl., Government Complex-Seoul, 209, Sejong-daero, Jongno-gu, Seoul (03171)
▶ Cyber Crime Investigation Department of Supreme Prosecutors’ Office : 02-3480-3573 (www.spo.go.kr)
▶ Korea National Police Agency Cyber Bureau : 182 (http://cyberbureau.police.go.kr)
- August 25, 2019. ~ May 22, 2020. Personal Information Processing Policy