These terms and conditions prescribe the conditions and procedures for use of services offered by <COMEUP> organized by Korea Startup Forum (KSF) and operated by the Ministry of SMEs and Startups; matters related to the rights and duties of <COMEUP> and users; and other required matters.
Article 2 (Effects and Changes of the Terms and Conditions of Use)
1. These terms and conditions of use shall take effect upon posting on <COMEUP>.
2. If the terms and conditions of use are modified, the effective date and reasons for modification shall be indicated and posted on the website from seven (7) days prior to the scheduled amendment to one (1) day prior to the effective date along with the present terms and conditions of use. If the terms and conditions of use modified are unfavorable to the users, a grace period of at least thirty (30) days shall be granted before notification.
3. If users do not agree to the terms and conditions of use modified, they shall be allowed to withdraw from membership of <COMEUP>. If users continue to use the terms and conditions of use, they shall be considered to have agreed to the terms and conditions of use.
Article 3 (Working Rules in Addition to the Terms and Conditions of Use)
Matters not specified in the terms and conditions of use shall comply with the Framework Act on Telecommunications, the Telecommunications Business Act, the Deliberation Regulations of Information Communication Ethics Committee, the Information Communication Ethics Code, the Computer Program Protection Act and other related laws and regulations.
Article 4 (Definitions)
The terms used here shall be defined as follows:
1. “Service” : means information offered by <COMEUP> including introduction of programs and events, information on amenities, newsletters, etc.
2. “Members” : means those who are allowed to use services offered by <COMEUP>, such as corporate members having registered their corporate information with <COMEUP>, individual members who have provided their personal information, and investors who have registered for membership.
3. “Users” : means those who receive services from <COMEUP>.
Article 5 (Establishment of Service Use Agreement)
1. This Service Use Agreement shall be established by users filling out the membership information according to the form specified by <COMEUP> and expressing their intention to comply with the terms and conditions of use.
2. <COMEUP> shall cancel a membership if the following applies among the users who applied for membership as specified in paragraph 1.
- Having presented falsified or redundant applications for membership
- Having applied for membership for the purpose of undermining public order or established social morals and good manners
- Having violated the terms and conditions of use or dramatically disturbed the operation of <COMEUP>
- If an administrator with <COMEUP> deems it necessary
Article 6 (Consent to Use of Membership Information)
2. Collected membership information shall be used only for the purpose of operating or enhancing <COMEUP> services.
3. Membership information collected by <COMEUP> shall not be disclosed to a third party without obtaining consent from the user.
4. <COMEUP> shall be allowed to offer personal information, such as user name and email address to a third party to the extent permitted by law if:
- If an investigative agency or other government agency makes a request for the information of the user in violation of applicable law in using the service
- If it is deemed necessary to protect information due to legal violation or illegitimate activities with regard to the terms and conditions of laws
- If it is requested in accordance with other laws and regulations
Article 7 (Changes in Membership Information)
If personal information offered at the time of application for membership is changed, users may correct it online in person or request an administrator to modify it. Users shall be responsible for problems caused by unchanged information.
Article 8 (Withdrawal from and Cancellation of Membership)
1. If users intend to withdraw their membership, they shall follow the stipulated procedures for withdrawal of membership from <COMEUP> or make a request via phone or email.
2. If any of the following reasons arise,
- Theft of member ID and password from another member
- The conduct of activities that might or could cause harm others
- If users make or execute a plan that might undermine public order or established social morals and good manners by instigating speculative behavior or posting vulgar and pornographic content
- In the case of improperly damaging other people’s information or collecting, storing, infringing, stealing or leaking other’s personal information
- In the case of sending unwanted or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, or junk or spam mail
- If users send advertising emails despite the explicit rejection of recipients
- If users conduct activities that are prohibited in accordance with related laws or that violate the terms and conditions of use
- If an administrator with <COMEUP> finds it necessary
Article 9 (Service Hours)
1. Service hours that are not directly assisted by an administrator shall be 24 hours a day throughout the year unless otherwise indicated. However, the service might be suspended due to natural disasters or systems checks.
2. Service provided directly by an administrator shall in principle be confined to working hours of <COMEUP>.
Article 10 (Limitation and Suspension of Provision of Services)
1. <COMEUP> shall be allowed to limit or suspend provision of the entire service or part thereof for the following reasons.
- If a natural disaster, national emergency, changes in governmental budget or other force majeure events occur or might occur
- If maintenance, construction or disruption of service facilities is necessitated
- Due to disruption caused by service flooding
- If a common carrier suspends telecommunications services
- If it is deemed necessary by an administrator of <COMEUP>
2. <COMEUP> shall not be held responsible for any problems caused by service outrages.
Article 11 (Changes in Services and Membership Services)
1. The content of services offered to users shall be determined by policy made by <COMEUP> and may be changed or suspended.
2. <COMEUP> shall neither take responsibility for losses or profits that users expect to sustain or gain from using services, or for damages caused by data acquired from services; nor shall it be held accountable for information, data, reliability and accuracy of services posted by members.
Article 12 (Provision of Information and Posting of Promotional Materials)
1. <COMEUP> shall provide its members with service operation and information via the service screen, homepage, and email.
2. Promotional materials that are deemed appropriate to services or that can be widely used shall be posted.
Article 13 (Contents)
1. Users shall have rights to and take responsibility for the contents they post.
2. <COMEUP> shall have the right to edit or move the contents posted by users within <COMEUP> without prior notice, and shall be allowed to make use of the contents for non-commercial purposes.
3. Content shall be deleted without prior notice for the following reasons.
- If it might or could cause harm to others
- If it is deemed to be illegal, obscene or vulgar
- If it undermines public order or established social morals and good manners
- If it is recognized to be involved in illegal activities
- If it infringes on other rights including copyright of a third party
- If it pertains to activities prohibited in accordance with related laws or if it violates the terms and conditions of this service
- If it is deemed to be necessary by an administrator due to its inappropriate contents
4. Unless there are reasons to believe that <COMEUP> undertook grave mistakes or gross negligence, <COMEUP> shall not take responsibility for a third party’s linked website, data contents, advertisements, and products.
Article 14 (Obligations of COMEUP)
1. <COMEUP> shall make efforts to enable users to benefit from seamless services at all times.
2. <COMEUP> shall comply with laws and regulations regarding the operation and maintenance of services stipulated in the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization, the Framework Act on Telecommunications, etc.
Article 15 (Users’ Obligations)
1. Users shall comply with the provisions of the terms and conditions of use, related laws and regulations, guidelines for use, notices on the service, and other notifications from <COMEUP>, and shall be prohibited from conducting activities that might interfere with its business.
2. Users shall not be allowed to copy, duplicate, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, or otherwise use the information obtained through the service from or offer it to others without the prior consent of <COMEUP>.
3. Users shall be accountable for keeping their ID and password secure and take full responsibility for the consequences caused by use of their ID and password. If such problems as the use of ID or password without permission occur, they shall be immediately reported to <COMEUP>. In addition, any granted ID or password shall not be resold or transferred to others.
4. If users join the membership to use services, they shall provide complete information consistent with the current facts, update immediately if any information changes.
5. Users shall not conduct business activities using the information and services provided by <COMEUP>.
Article 16 (Immunity)
1. <COMEUP> shall not take responsibility for profits or losses arising from the user’s failure to obtain the expected benefits from the provision of the <COMEUP> service or the selection or use of service materials.
2. <COMEUP> shall not take responsibility for any disrupted use of services offered by <COMEUP> due to the fault of the user.
3. <COMEUP> shall not take responsibility for the contents posted on <COMEUP> or transmitted by users.
4. <COMEUP> shall not take any responsibility for any problems arising from commodity transactions, or money transactions among users or between a user and a third party based on services offered by <COMEUP>.
Article 17 (Jurisdictions)
If a lawsuit is filed due to disputes arising from the use of this service, a court of law exercising jurisdiction over the location of Korea Startup Forum shall be the competent court .
The terms and conditions of use shall take effect on July 1, 2022.